Disability Support Worker
Casual positions for shared living facilities/group homes and community participation clients are now available in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven locations, working a roster that includes days, afternoon and a high number of active night shifts and/or sleep-overs.
The Cram Foundation vision is to live in a world where each person with a disability can live their best life. The Cram Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation based in the Shellharbour, Nowra and Albion Park regions and provides person-centred services, high quality homes, meaningful life experiences and relationships tailored to unique individuals.
The Cram Foundation is a not-for -profit organisation. We care for and support people who live with complex disabilities, offering round the clock services that range from group home accommodation and care, in-home care, community and lifestyle involvement and clinical care.
Why we need you!
Support Workers actively aim to enrich the quality of life of our Participants who have a diverse range of complex care needs. Offering person centred support and care to aid Participant independence, health and well-being and importantly to assist them in achieving their goals and making their life as fulfilling as possible. A Support Worker encourages each Participant to fulfil the opportunity to participate actively in their home and community.
What makes a Disability Service Worker?
- Genuinely compassionate people who are seeking a role that is personally rewarding yet challenging
- An enthusiastic commitment to providing life enriching support and care to our clients
- An easy going, resilient, energetic nature with a flexible approach to work
- Willing to sport the Cram Values and aim to provide the best quality care and provide a person-centred approach to support our Participants
- Confident in working independently and in a team based setting
What you need:
It would be an advantage if you have qualifications in Disability or experience in the sector;
- A passion for ongoing learning
- A Participant focused attitude
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate
- Valid NDIS Worker Check
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- Current C Class Drivers' Licence
- COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate
- Calm and flexible approach
What Cram can offer you:
- Salary Packaging available up to $18,649 per annum
- Ongoing Support and Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Skill and Development Opportunities
- Please note these positions involve shift work, manual handling and the requirement to complete a Fit For Work fitness assessment during the recruitment phase
If you think this position is for you, APPLY NOW! Come and join a supportive, friendly team that is growing! We can offer you a dynamic, fun workplace with great opportunities to learn a vast skill set in disability support.
Please note, it is a condition of employment that the successful candidate holds, or is able to obtain the following prior to commencement:
- Valid Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Check
- Current Driver's Licence
- Full Covid-19 Vaccination
Please submit your application including your up-to-date resume and cover letter via the link below as soon as possible. We can't wait to hear from you!