- Want a rewarding career in a new and energetic Management Team that allows you to utilise your passion, energy and leadership expertise?
- Love the challenge of working in a fast-paced role where your work really counts?
- Want to work for a leading Disability Service Provider who puts their Participant at the heart of what they do?
About the Opportunity
Cram is growing and we are seeking a Team Leader to join us! Reporting to the Manager, Operations your primary responsibilities will see you leading a team of support staff working in the Community and in Supported independent Accommodation. You’ll oversee the provision of person-centred support services including personal care, social support and capacity building to ensure that each participant reaches their goals.
You’ll play a key role in the implementation of individualised programs, organisational projects, creating a positive and informed culture and supporting your team to be the best they can be. You will be working with a driven and collaborative group of Team Leaders and Senior Management to achieve the organisation’s strategic goals and expansion whilst driving a culture of excellence. Your role will involve working closely with the Cram's Registered Nurse and other allied health professionals, with the overall aim of ensuring our participants receive exceptional care and support.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting Participants to live their best life;
- Engaging with community stakeholders, potential participants and providers;
- Providing positive, supportive direction and supervision for team members;
- Assisting with the operational management of the Budget and Finances in line with all current financial procedures and legislative requirements;
- Working collaboratively with Management to develop, implement, monitor and review risk management strategies for the Cram homes, participants and staff;
- Assisting in the recruitment, induction and training of staff and volunteers;
- Overseeing the efficient operation of the homes including, but not limited to, repairs maintenance, household and Participant related expenditure and transport;
- Ensuring support is underpinned and delivered in alignment with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Framework, Person Centred approach and Cram Values.
- Require to be on a on-call roster intermittently for a week approx. 7 times per annum.
To ensure you're able to keep up with the competing priorities of this role, you'll be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and an innovative approach to your work style. You lead by example, are adept at providing guidance and supervision in a changeable environment whilst maintaining participant focus.
Ideally, you’ll possess relevant qualifications or equivalent experience in the community services and disability sectors, or other relevant industry sectors and have a strong understanding of how to nurture the best outcomes for our participants. Your highly developed communication skills and authentic approach will ensure you’re able to develop positive relationships internally and externally, as you interact daily with participants, families, staff and members of the community.
You’ll be a highly motivated and organised individual, able to effectively juggle the administrative and operational functions of the role with the people-focused aspects.
Above all, you have a genuine passion and desire to work with people with disabilities and a team of employees, who are driven to going above and beyond to achieve the best outcome.
Please note, you will need to hold, or be able to obtain before commencement:
- Valid Working with Children Check;
- Valid National Police Check;
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Current CPR Certificate; and
- Current Driver's Licence.
Additionally, a requirement of any successful candidate is to participate in a Fit For Work assessment.
What you get in return!
- Work for a respected brand with over 88 years of service in the region;
- A chance to play an active role in shaping the growth and future of this organisation;
- Ongoing training and development;
- Attractive Salary package incorporating travel allowance and salary sacrifice opportunity with meal and entertainment options.
- The chance to make a difference in the lives of people living with complex disabilities.
Applications Close 11:30PM Sunday 23rd August 2020
How to apply
Forward your cover letter and Resume to HR@cramfoundation.com.au